Friday, July 16, 2010

July 15th entry : Why Is It Harder When You Feel "Meh"?

Yesterday was a great day on WW front! I handled the day's temptations very well (when isn't there a day without temptation?)! I was offered some home made banana bread, I broke a slice in half (leaving the other half behind) took one small bite and decided "this just isn't worth it". So I politely disposed of the rest of the piece in the garbage. I know it seems awful and sinful to waste food but why should I waste non-tasty goodness calories in my body? I think not. This is how I've come to handle any baked goodies that come into the workplace or any social situation, I take a bite if its VERY good I eat it cause its worth the points if not I dispose of it. I was also offered some CHOCOLATE ... raise your hand if you like chocolate... that's what I thought! At least it was 70% dark chocolate, I took a small piece to "try" dark chocolate again. I've decided I still don't like it. I know its better for us, yadda, yadda. But I love the sweet, creamy goodness of milk chocolate! I tracked my bites and wasn't tempted to have more. That's a victory in my little world.

I also had an AWESOME workout at the gym last night! At first I was trying to talk myself into NOT going to the gym, I could kinda feel a migraine wanting to come on. So I sucked it up, took my migraine medication 30 minutes before leaving and went. I ran on the treadmill for 21 minutes, did 45 minutes of weights on the machines really trying to challenge my muscles with as much weight as I could handle and max out at 10 reps, I followed this by 11 minutes on the elliptical. I earned a grand total of 6APs and I left feeling GREAT! That great feeling continued at home that I made fantastic, healthy dinner!

A few hours after my workout I started feeling a little dizzy and had a really good dizzy spell when I got up to close the curtains that I had to sit down. I spent the rest of the evening feeling "off". That feeling of off-ness has continued into today, and a general sense of tired all over. A Timmies run for a tea has perked me up a little, but not much.

So I feel "meh" today and its days like today that I find it hard to be motivated to be On Program. Both in the food department, its days like today where I want to eat everything I shouldn't hoping to feel more awake. Also its hard to be motivated to work out (or even just work!). I'm planning on going to my TaeKwon-Do class tonight, and only time, my mood, and how I feel will tell if I go or not this evening.

Am I the only one who finds it really hard to eat well and move more when they feel "meh/off"?

3 comments:

ohiofarmgirl said...

Maybe you should try to look at the program through new eyes. Reread your beginning materials and try to think like you did in the beginning...fresh, new exciting. Hang in there it looks like you are so close to your goal again. Dianntha

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm getting better about not eating "meh" food, but yesterday I blew it big time.

I was stressed out, it was hot and humid so I stopped and got an ice-cream thing at McDonalds. Ate it --- even enjoyed it, but later my stomach totally rebelled. Felt yucky the rest of the night. It just wasn't worth it.