Saturday, November 27, 2010

Finally!

Finally!

I was able to get on with my life today!  My migraine has finally abated.  I woke up feeling like myself with a little colour in my cheeks.  I did have a bit of a headache in the afternoon but a nap in my stitching chair seemed to take care of that.d

I did use my day well.  I got up early for a Saturday and met my best friend Christin and her Mom in town to see the latest installment of Harry Potter in IMAX.  I was craving, and it was very tempting to get a small movie theater popcorn.  But, I didn't instead I brought with me a bottle of water and a sliced up apple.  Two gold stars for me avoiding temptation!  I find its often not so much the smell that bothers me but the rustling and munching going on around me.  I am jealous that I won't allow myself to eat that way anymore.  My usual theater fare used to be a medium popcorn with butter and twizzlers.  Sometimes chocolate too!  Over the years I have changed my habits and behaviours and I do pack food for the movies, but its for when I get hungry and its healthy foods.

 From there, it was to the grocery store (my usual Friday chore) which for a Saturday wasn't bad.  My mistake was going to Costco... oh boy.  I think on a couple of occasions if I didn't have the brain/mouth barrier I would of gotten myself into big trouble!!!  Why on a busy day is a kid who can barely see over the push bar of the cart be allowed to push the grocery cart?  Do you really have to leave your cart in the middle of the aisle to get a sample... really?  Someday I will get myself into big trouble!

The afternoon was spent with a little stitching, and a nice nap in my recliner!

This evening we took my nephew out for his Birthday dinner, he turned 16 last weekend!  I can't believe he'll be learning to drive this year!  I used some of the tactics from this week's meeting to do well at the restaurant.  I ordered a platter with one chicken and pork brochette, rice, potato and salad.  I was also offered soup/salad/juice to start.  There was so much food on my platter, it was almost overwhelming!  I didn't know where to start and I didn't know what to do with so much food!  I had a starter salad first, ate 1/2 of each of the brochettes with 1/4 of the rice, 1/2 of the potato and more salad!  The rest I was happy to take home, but Todd wanted to eat it.  I then splurged and shared a dessert with my nephew!  It was so yummy!

This was completely by accident but its a pretty cool effect!  My nephew was so still and I was moving while the shutter was open a little longer than usual!

I think I'll need to get in a 5K on the treadmill tomorrow!

3 comments:

Bonnie Brown said...

awesome 2nd pic lol
congrats on the non-scale victory
Lets hope I can do the same next weekend when Blair and I go see HP.

Lisa said...

Glad that your migraine has finally gone, and well done on the movie theatre NSV.
I've not been to the gym for 3 days as I think I hit burnout last week, but hoping to be back on top form for two back to back classes tomorrow.

Unknown said...

So glad to see that you are feeling better, Dani. You shoudl get 5 gold stars for avoiding the usual movie theater food choices. For me, it's definitely the smell, no question. That, and the advertisements before the movie begins. (the one with all of the candy bars and bags of popcorn dancing around!) I'm so impressionable! btw, such a cool photo!!