Monday, November 8, 2010

An Interesting Question...

Yesterday a member on the Weight Watchers Canada message boards in the Newbie forum asked

"I am just starting and I was wondering if you could tell me what is the biggest benefit to your weight loss?"

Well I jumped right into answering this question and here were the points I gave and I wanted to share them with you!

  • I've lost over 60lbs
  • I've gone from a size 20 pant and a 2-3X top to a size 8 and a M-S top
  • For the first time in my adult life I own a bikini
  • I can run... I've run 10K and thinking about a 1/2 marathon
  • My ability to be a martial artist improved dramatically
  • I am a better example/role model for my Taekwon-Do students, I mean really a instructor who was over 200 lbs?
  • I look like an athlete
  • I stopped having problems with plantar fascitis
  • I look hot
  • I have the body I used to dream about having.
  • Increased confidence
  • I used to be terrified of going to a gym, I now go several times a week
  • I fit in the bathtub nicely with extra room!
  • I can wrap a hotel sized towel around my body
  • I can buy clothes anywhere
  • I feel awesome all the time
  • I've barely been ill in the last 2 years
 For some odd reason I'm having trouble with migraines again.  I'm not sure where' this is coming from.  I had one start up Saturday afternoon but managed to take care of it with some Excedrin for Migraine.  It came back last night and I had to give in and go to bed.  It was back again this morning, but the pills didn't help.  Tonight its left me feeling quite nauseous.

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with them lately, but I am.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm sorry to hear you are getting migraines again. Hopefully you feel better soon.

Starfire said...

Hey there - these are some really inspiring reasons! I've been meaning to do a post on my own reasons for a while now.

The original reason I started out losing weight for has kind of... disappeared now, but I'm finding myself still wanting to stay on the journey - now your post has prompted me to get my driving "Why"s down in writing!