Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Call To Battle!

Its been awhile since I've felt like blogging about my weight loss... well my lack thereof.  Actually its more of a weight gain, to the point that I am now TEN pounds over my goal weight.  Sigh, yes I let it get this far, I let it happen, its all me, myself and I.

I took my first steps to getting back to goal this past Friday when I stepped on the scale and I saw that gawd awful 155 on the scale.  Some time ago I swore to myself I would never allow myself to get over 150 lbs.  That was one big, fat lie because I've been sitting over 150 for far too many months now.  I've also been paying Weight Watchers since April, when I gained 7lbs over two weeks and I've just not managed to get it back off again.  More like I haven't tried hard enough to get it back off.

Somewhere along the way I lost my motivation, lost my self restraint, my ability to say no to myself.  Its often been 4 cookies instead of the 1 I know I should have.  I've been inconsistent with exercise, with diet, with tracking, with routine, with keeping my house clean, with putting away my laundry.  All of these things are just symptoms of a scattered  and unfocused mind, a sign of my mental state which has been just as scattered as my life has felt.

So step one was stepping on the scale and facing the truth that I am 10 lbs overweight which is unacceptable.  Step two was getting my butt back into the gym, at Taekwon-Do or tie on my runners (all three I have done since Friday), Step three was getting back to Weight Watchers.  I went back to my meetings this Saturday and stayed behind to have a chat with my leader.  We've agreed it was a good idea for me to go back to weekly weigh-ins to pay weekly until I'm back to goal, instead of weighing in once a month and only paying there.  Hopefully the support and motivation I need to get these unwanted pounds off.  Step four has been to track properly, eat properly, and eat proper meals at a consistent time (like not at 8 PM!).  So all of these things I have been doing since Friday.  I'm hoping for positive results when I weigh in on Saturday morning.


As a motivator to help me get there I put on my one pair of jeans that I know I only fit beautifully when I'm at 145 or less.  These are the jeans that are 100% denim there's not one iota of spandex to help hide things.  So here is the start of Operation Fit My Jeans!  Right now its not a pretty sight, there's definitely an unsightly muffin here!





Not a pretty sight is it?

3 comments:

Beatrice said...

Oh Dani good for you..I too rejoined 2 weeks ago and paid for the rest of the sessions so I can go evey week..I was doing the same going once a month and paying for my 6lbs over. now I have lost 3 and am back on track...
Soooo you go girl .!!!
Good for YOU!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Dani, I completely sympathize with you right now. I tried on a pair of jeans today that I couldn't even TAKE a photo of because I was just too embarrassed. The rolls were everywhere. Sigh. You are a committed, tough, fighter and you have been down this road before. You know what needs to be done and have the knowledge to do it. You will, and this is a great starting point. I'm with you all the way!!

ollie1976 said...

Dani-I'm right there with you. I need to go back to the meetings-I'm paying for them but not going. Very brave of you to post the pics (even though you look fab-considering how much weight you still have lost since you started your journey).
-Jen