Saturday, November 12, 2011

Challenge & Temptation!

A couple of times a year I get together with my stitching friends and we spend the weekend at a wonderful, big B&B in the country.  That weekend is here!  Our motto says it all : stitch, eat, sleep... we pretty much do these in this exact order!  For anyone who is watching their waistline this is a tough weekend!  Our breakfasts are made by the B&B but the rest of our food is all potluck.  I must admit over the years we as a group have been moving to the healthier side of things.  But there are still treats about and temptations to deal with!

How do I prepare for this weekend?  I always try to have a good week beforehand, I try to stay within my daily points allowance I also try to exercise daily.  Besides teaching at Taekwon-Do Monday night, I've done exactly that!  So I try to stay ahead of the game.

The weekend itself, I bring some of my favourite healthy nibblie foods such as a veggie and fruit tray.  I've found a big hit seems to be a huge bowl full of red grapes on the table in the area we sit and stitch.  They are just so sweet and tasty!  When its meal time I survey what is put out first, then I decide what healthy foods I'll have a good sized helping of and what high calorie/fat must-haves that I'll have a taste of.  I also always take with me my running/walking gear, if its not raining Ill go out for a run or walk each morning of the retreat... in the hopes of burning off a few of those treats I consumed the day before!

Some years I succeed with this plan, and some years I fail miserably!  Some years I let temptation get the better of me and eat more of what's not good for me than what is!  Some years I don't seem to be able to stop myself from grazing.

We'll find out how I did this year when I step on the scale next week!

No comments: