Friday, November 4, 2011

Pay Someone a Compliment Today!


How many times have you thought to yourself "she looks pretty today", "that colour look s nice on her", "hmm I think she's lost some weight".  Next time you think that... vocalize it!  Tell the person in question!  It could be the one day that she needs a compliment, that she's feeling low.  One compliment can change someones day, make them hold their head a little higher, put a spring in their step. 

Once your weight loss becomes noticeable boy do the comments start pouring in!  Those compliments are the proof that your hard work is paying off!  They help your confidence level, steels your resolve to stay on plan, and stops you from grabbing a cookie, chips, an extra drink, whatever your vice is!

Compliments when you're loosing weight are great but then once the people around you get used to the "new" you they stop.  You really, really, really do start to miss those compliments!  Today I got a compliment from a co-worker she asked me if I started loosing weight again.  Which I was very proud to answer yes!  She not only said I looked like I had lost weight but that I was looking a little more muscular!  Wooo hoo my hard work at the gym is paying off, my resolve to say no to temptation is worth it!

Talking about temptation, today I turned down pizza from my favourite pizza joint, and chocolate from the candy dish!  Also tonight I had a seminar to go to in the evening, the seminar and home were in complete opposite directions so going home wasn't an option.  In the past I would of grabbed a bite out, but this morning a little pre-planing and I packed a nice little dinner for myself.  I not only saved myself some unwanted calories/sugar/salt but a little money too.

Yay!  The weekend is here!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Dani, on the pre-planning of your dinner! Keep up the great job you are doing! You are inspiring to me!

Robin in Virginia

Anonymous said...

That was a very smart thing to do.

I did something similar the other day when I knew I wouldn't make it home for lunch. I felt so SMART!!!

It carried on with that good feeling ALL afternoon.

Have a wonderful weekend.