Saturday, April 13, 2013

C25K Week 1, Day 1

I did it! I've done what I promised myself I would do, eat right, track my food and start exercising (learn to run program). I feel very good that I've kept my word!

Today was the start of my C25K Program (Couch to 5km), I knew when it came to running that its been too long, and I need to start over again. It's a little frustrating starting from the beginning again because I know how far and how fast I used to be able to run. When I first started running it was all an experiment!




The first day of the program had me doing a 5 min. warm up, followed by 20 minutes alternating 60 seconds of running with 90 seconds of walking, wrapping up with a 5 minute cool down. I spent a total of 30 minutes on the treadmill, walking at 3.6 and jogging at 5.4 (I am a slow runner!), in this time I managed to travel a distance of 3.2 km.

Yay me! Now to just keep putting me foot in front of the other on this path I've put myself on.


- thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Lianne said...

Good for you Dani!!!!

Vickie said...

Way to go! This seems like a great plan.

Karen said...

That's great Dani! Keep it up! :)