Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Oh My I'm Bad





Wow this week has been hard and so may temptations I just didn't pass up.







I have been good and walked every day except Saturday because I just didn't feel well (I've been having a migraine more on than off for the last three weeks) and Sunday because it was raining. A loop of my friend's neighbourhood takes just over 15 minutes. Most days I've done two loops, it's just been so hot and humid, and I'm not used to that. My hands would swell with the heat and humidity while out walking.






But today I did three!

There has been too many temptations that I just don't allow myself at home...



There has been Sonic's Summer of Shakes... Peanut Butter and Fudge, need I say more?



Cracker Barrel's Biscuits and Gravy... I lived in the south as a teen so I am familiar with this tasty delicacy.



Another breakfast indulgence, the IHOP and pancakes with cinnamon bun filling.... Oh my heaven!!!









Also we couldn't resist having lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp! I was a very good girl and had this fantastic salad... Just imagine chicken instead of shrimp (I don't eat seafood). Dessert was just too tempting!

There has been walking as we've gone to see the historical areas of Charleston (twice) and some shopping. Probably not enough to counteract the mega calorie indulgences I've had.



I'm travelling back home tomorrow and hopefully to a more balanced diet, but I am hitting the road Thursday on a 17 hour drive to the East Coast (Cape Breton) to visit another friend. I'm looking forward to packing apples, bananas and a bag of baby carrots to snack on during the drive. It's definitely a challenge being in an environment where lots of fruits and veggies are not the norm.

I've been going with the flow and not freaking out over my diet. I've done the best I can when I can this last week except for the sweets/treats I just can't get at home or won't usually allow myself to have.


- thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think when you are on vacation, you should take the opportunity to do make different choices. I always figure on 2 pounds + during vacation. And it makes me very happy.

Karen said...

Definitely indulge while you're away. Who knows when you'll have the opportunity to have these things again.

I've had some doozy migraines in the last few weeks. Ended up in the hospital with one cause it had nasty stroke like symptoms....

Enjoy your trip to Cape Breton! :)